Distribution Engine is a native Salesforce application, which means its built entirely using Force.com technology.
This gives a number of advantages:
- We do not have our own servers – the applications runs within your own Salesforce org on servers owned and managed by Salesforce.
- We do not have access to your data – running within your own Salesforce org means we cannot access customer data.
- We do not have access to any configuration or intellectual property – we cannot access customer data, configuration or any other assets.
- You don’t need to check our server uptimes / security compliance etc – its all running in your existing Salesforce org.
DATA SYNCHRONISATION / DELAYS
- No synchronisation – no waiting around for external systems to update Salesforce, we’re already in your org.
- No API calls – Salesforce has limits on how many calls external systems can make into your org and charges for higher limits. With a native app this is a headache you can forget about – we’re already in your org.
We don’t take copies of your data, there’s nothing to backup, its risk free. If you decide the tool is not for you just uninstall it and your data remains as it was.